Ready to get out into the sunshine again? If you’re anything like us, you want to shed those winter layers and break out the florals again, ASAP. As we head into warmer weather, we’ve rounded up seven of our favourite spring outfits to help to lighten the wardrobe load.
Need outfits that transition from professional to personal life? Read on to find out how we take each one of these kits and change it from work-life to date night attire.
Prepping for Everyday Wear: How to Transition Spring Looks from Day to Night
First things first - spring is all about the layers, but not on winter’s level of layers. Think lighter knits or cardigans, swapping out your puffy coat for something more suitable for a slight breeze.
With that in mind, some of our favourite day-to-day outfits for the sunnier season include:
- Dress, tights, and ankle boots combo: If it’s not quite warm enough to let the sun kiss your bare skin, embroidered tights can give a fun look to a go-to shift while ankle boots make it warm-weather friendly.
- The t-shirt, jeans, and boyfriend blazer kit: Can’t wear denim to the office? Never fear - the same combo works great with a knee-length skirt. Just remember to tuck in the shirt!
- Maxi dress and jacket combo: A great go-to if you need to keep shoulders covered at work, this style lets you break out your floor-length favourites when it’s not quite summer.
- Brogues, denim, t-shirt, and a thigh-length coat: Want to say luxe-casual? If you’re bumping around on the weekend, jeans and flats are a great way to stay styled on the go, while the coat brings it up just a notch.
- Wide-legged pants and blouse combo: Office-friendly and ready to transition after hours, see if you can find wide-legged trousers in linen or denim. Both make a great investment-worthy staple.
- Boyfriend-cardigan and sundress combo: A boyfriend-cardigan should reach mid-thigh length and is a great option for keeping cold arms and bottoms warm. Layered over an otherwise casual dress, you’ll be both warm and workplace-friendly.
- Leather skirt and white shirt look: Skirts say fun while the classic with shirt says business. Best of all, this combo is perfect year-round and can be paired with stockings during cooler periods.
With any of the above options, swapping out ankle boots for heels, slicking on a strong lipstick, and ditching the denim for a great skirt can take these looks from day-to-night. Still want to wear jeans? A strappy pair of heels softens the denim look and can have you ready for a night on the town.
Australian Spring Fashion: Finding Your Style Online
If you’re dying to slough off the winter layers and lighten the wardrobe load, Little Blackbird has the latest trends in women’s fashion plus a few long-lasting staples. Ready to put your best foot forward? Every season we search the globe for the hottest trends and for local brands that are up, coming, and deserve a place on our shelves.
Australian-born and bred since 2014, welcome to Little Blackbird - fashion addicts are always welcome here.